In Melokai, book one of the In the Heart of the Mountains trilogy, life in Peqkya is based on the philosophies of the Stone Prophetess Sybilya. These ten maxims are ingrained in everything a Peqkian does and they each feel the presence of Sybilya within them. Melokai Ramya repeats Sybilya’s Sayings often to herself.
Below are all of Sybilya’s Sayings:
1) Live in the now. There is no what if, or what might be, only what is.
2) Power does not come from material possessions. Power comes from action and from love.
3) Embrace change, for when it comes you cannot stop it.
4) What comes next is based on solid plans and solid action in the present.
5) No baby will ever know it’s parents and no parents will ever know their baby. Progression and success is based on merit, not bloodlines.
6) Take care of your body, and your body will take care of you.
7) You are no better than your neighbour.
8) Greed is the greatest evil. Arrogance, the second. Laziness, the third.
9) Food is bountiful if we all share.
10) Be grateful for living, for loving, for the sun on your skin and the water in your mouth, not for the coin in your coffers or the number of horses in your herd.
Click here for your free ebook of my fantasy novella THE FALL OF VAASAR.
Click here for my Book Review Policy.
Are you on Goodreads? Let's be friends! Find me here.
Subscribe to my email mailing list to be notified about new releases, giveaways, price promotions, free books, free short stories as well as exclusive extra content.